We all LOVE a F R E E pool day PASS so why not check out the Andreas Pool which is at The Habtoor Grand!
Doors open from 9am for you early risers.
This venue has an upbeat vibe but can also be a great place to enjoy a relaxing day in the sun.
Some great points for you to know before visiting:
- Swim up bar – who doesn’t love a swim up bar! They also have such a wide range of cocktails (however it is rather expensive for drinks and this may have something to do with the fact that you do not have to pay for the pool access)
- Emirates – If you work for emirates then this is a great venue! You receive a HUGE 40% OFF your final bill!
- Beach – you have direct beach access for all you who enjoy the beach as well, and what’s even better is, they also have water sports available in the same spot, perfect for you adrenaline junkies!
- Candy Pants Brunch – Now the bonus with this is, if you are like me and love people watching you can watch everyone get drunk and dance all day while sipping on a nice relaxing cocktail from the comfort of the swimming pool or sun lounger!
- Pool Loungers – This is one of the biggest highlights for me! It has loungers in the pool so you can relax and get that perfect tan but at the same time stay cool! (Best invention ever!)
- Inflatables – So much fun to be had on the giant unicorn they have floating in the swimming pool, obviously you can enjoy watching everyone take there Instagram selfies posing, but if your like me then you can have an even better photo shot!
I cannot really complain as it is FREE so there are only a few small downers –
- Size- for me the place is a little bit too small and compact, if you go during a weekday it is perfect, but for me on a weekend it gets far too busy!
- Sunbeds – due to the size of the venue the sunbeds are also very limited as you can imagine, so make sure you get yourself there early if you want a bed!
Overall Andreas is very popular if you are looking for a busy venue, but I would not recommend if you are only wanting to enjoy a relaxing pool day. It is great for those who do not want to pay for access also as there are not many pool venues in Dubai that offer this.
This is definitely one for everyone’s TO DO list!
Me and my husband decided to go for our 2nd wedding anniversary, but I would highly recommend visiting for any special occasion.
- Afternoon Tea Timings: Served at 13:00pm and 16:00pm(You get to stay for around 3 hours for each sitting, however if it is quiet they will allow you to stay for longer)If you would like to make an evening of it, you can then move to the Sky View bar to continue drinking with a huge selection of amazing cocktails.
- Fee: 620AED per person, however if you would like a window seat this is an additional 100AED (to be honest the window seat is a must, otherwise you struggle to see much)
- Menu: Fresh scones, elegant sandwiches, clotted cream, cakes, preserves and jam, served with delicate, refreshing beverages. (now usually when you think of afternoon tea you think of simply 1 or 2 sandwiches however here they will continue bringing more for you, until you physically cannot eat anything else)
- Location: As it is located on the 27th floor of the Burj Al Arab which is the only 7 star hotel in the world, it truly is an experience, even when you enter the lift to make the journey to the top you have incredible views of the infinity pool that surrounds the hotel and the beautiful Dubai skyline.
- Champagne: What is even more special, is that on arrival you receive a complimentary glass of champagne (perfect to then get that Instagram photo you wanted)
- Entertainment: They have a wonderful harpist playing the most beautiful music, again not something you see and listen to everyday.
Now there are only a few small points (I wouldn’t say negative) but something that was of an inconvenience:
- Smoking: Now if your a smoker, then this is where it gets a little bit annoying, there is no where on the 27th floor to smoke! You have to go all the way down to the ground floor which is 2 separate lifts and then walk outside to the back where the entrance to the pool is. (It takes around 10 minutes) I am not saying it would be good if you could smoke in there, but at least have somewhere separate at least a little bit more convenient to get too.
- Pre-payment: I don’t know why but I do not like providing my card details either through email or over the phone to secure a booking, so as this is a must to secure your reservation, for me this was a small inconvenience (however, I do understand why they do this, as there is limited seating)
Other than these small points, the whole experience was magical and we loved every minute!
So being a NEW venue it is good, however I do not think the staff are up to speed yet, and I also do not think they have hired enough staff!
Service was slow, however the food and drink is amazing!!
Perfect for: A relaxed Marina day-cay.
Price: Dhs100 weekdays, Dhs200 weekends (This is minimum spend which is good so you can choose to spend this on food or drink)
Things you should know:
- Traffic: JBR is not the best for getting to and from, however it is worth it when you get there, I would however advice that you get a taxi there as we had to wait for around 45 minutes to get our car back from valet as they were so busy and short of staff!
- Swim up bar!: This is perfect and the drinks and bar staff are great!
- Food: WOW the food we had was incredible, great service, great presentation, the only small niggle I would have is that again due to shortage of staff the service was a little bit slow.
- Infinity Pool: they have a few inflatables which is good, and also a hot tub, the temperature however of the pool was far too HOT, hopefully they will learn this from feedback and amend this asap!
- Prices: The food and drinks for the standard were very well priced.
- Sunbed’s: If you get there early (which I would recommend) then you have the pick of the best sun loungers!
I would highly recommend that you visit and try it out, but for me it was not one of my favorites! Maybe it will get better with age 🙂
The Anantara is by FAR the best and my favorite hotel in Dubai!
Perfect for: Feeling like you’re on a resort vacay.
Price: Dhs200 per person.
Not only is there so much to do, but there are also so many different vibes and areas to lounge.
Below is some amazing things to do while visiting for a pool day.
- Swim up bar: it is amazing! you are able to sit on a floating stool which is surrounded by a hot tub bubble effect and order as many drinks as you want, using an easy open tab system.
- HAPPY HOUR! If you’re making a day of it, there’s also a daily happy hour offering selected drinks at 25AED each !
- Shaded and none shaded pool areas – this is for when it is so hot in the summer and also for you that like to look after your skin (I love to tan!) there are areas around the pool that have overhead shelter, and the pool is also a perfect cool temperature!
- Three huge lagoon pools that wrap around the rooms, it is perfect for swimming, or like I did simply finding a secluded spot and reading my book!
- Drink delivery service on a boat! This is exactly what it says, waiters bring around on a boat a selection of whatever drink you would like!
Another great Instagram photo opportunity!
The restaurants are by far my favorite part to Anantara, below are my favorite 3!
If you get hungry during your pool day make sure to check out:
(All available on the entertainer 🙂 )
- The Beach House
I honestly think that this hotel is the only hotel that I have visited where I have no negative reviews or anything at all that I was not happy with! So ENJOY and make sure you visit !
So you are thinking of what hotel pool day PASS to try this weekend, whether you’re visiting Dubai or you reside here.
Well the Jumeirah Al Naseem Hotel is a brand new hotel next to the Madinat and it definitely is one to visit!
Perfect for: Bathing under the Burj Al Arab.
Price: Dhs395 per person (with a Dhs150 food voucher).
Even though the price may be a little steep it does help that you receive a 150AED voucher for your food and drink.
Be careful: There were a few little things that me and my husband where not happy about.
- When you arrive at the hotel you have to walk past the main hotel pool for quite a while to the location where you need to pay, which is not very well shown either as the picture they advertise for this pool day is the hotel’s main pool, but when you get there it is a private pool and beach section called Summersalt.
- The pool at Summersalt is so small in comparison and is more of a pool party vibe (if you’re looking for that then that’s great, but we like the more secluded and relaxing vibes)
- However you are allowed to then use the main hotel pool once you have paid, BUT for the 150AED voucher that you receive per person, this can only be used in the Summersalt restaurant.
- The restaurant and food is great and the prices are also reasonable, you can easily have lunch and a drink for the 150AED you receive (however if you have any remaining you cannot then use this at the main hotel pool.
- BEWARE in the restaurant they will bring round a HUGE bottle of rose wine and they will ask you if you would like to try some, well… me being me tried some and it was amazing but at the end when asked to pay the bill, this small glass was charged at 90AED and was not aloud using the food voucher (no-one thought to mention this) What was even worse was all of the wine and prosecco on the menu was no more than 35AED per glass.
It is great for an instagram post though!
All of that said the view was amazing, service was great and the overall vibe was perfect for relaxing and reading my book!